Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"Official" Race Day Pictures




Finally got around to purchasing the pictures taken during the race. Looking at these pictures reminds me of how much it hurt... but weirdly enough, I want to do it again next year.

Here are my official stats:

Overall Place: 907 out of 30,273

Division Place: 144 out of 1,865

Gender Place: 823 out of 14,386

Time: 1:33:46

Pace: 7:10




4 comments:

  1. Wow...what and accomplishment Nathan! The pictures are great...you can see the determination in your face! Your stats are amazing...great job Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome to see the pictures Nathan!!! I had to laugh at the one picture of you finishing with a girl next to you....NOT THAT THAT IS BAD--it just reminded me of this AWESOME picture I have of Ian during the Ironman, but he HATES it because he is beside a girl!! :):) You obviously ran an amazing rates. Your stats are REALLY impressive and you should be so proud of yourself. Maybe Ian will run it with you next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rates?!?! Clearly I meant "Race"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy...I appreciate you getting a "laugh" out the lady who finished next to me. I really didn't think to much about it when I initally viewed the pictures, but this brought me to finding out if she truely finished with the same time. Here is what I found. And I hope you can let this go after reviewing the facts. (ha ha)

    She crossed the start line exactly 30 seconds after the gun went off. I crossed the line 4 minutes and 22 seconds after the gun went off.

    Yes it did take me 1 hour 33 minutes and 36 seconds to catch her...but I did.

    Her finishing time was 1:38:08 and she averaged a 7:30 pace. Not too shabby! However, I still beat her by 4:22!

    Yes there were 84 woman that did beat me that day... she just wasn't one of them.

    Thanks again for being so attentive.

    ReplyDelete